John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When for a fun trip in SW Colorado last week.

Took 825i and '06 Honda 500 Forman, oldest Son (his wife is giving us another grandchild Jan 1 so she didn't ride much) from Calf and his Son and another grandson from Ft Collins.

These are from Crystal CO. We wanted to goto Crested Butte but had snow on road and no tracks from the Jeep boys. :(

https://www.google.com/search?espv=...8.3.3.0....0...1c.1.48.img..3.0.0.PS2FjWMl6DY

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nice pics! So you winched it up that rocky hill?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep, then we pointed gator downhill (on the flat area) and winched the foreman up. We took pictures, but they are on my sons camera. I just ordered the 2" lift kit (shock mount) as we did hit bottom a few times. I want to thank you Bunky for showing me the 855d weights and spring fix (worked great) and the Silent Rider (made it a lot better riding). :)

The 1st day was June 27 and we put 20 miles on machines. 2nd trip we put 58.8 on gator and took 3.267 gas ==>> 13.8 MPG compared to 21 mpg on forman. I'm thinking mileage would have been worse without weight change.

We spent 2 days by Mesa Verde (no riding).
1st picture is the narrow route I took the honda thru, we winch the honda face down going back and gator was rear down 1st.
2nd picture you can see winch point on far right (picture was not resized).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts