John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 gator 4x6 Diesel with 740 hours. For $4700. Is this a good deal? Otherwise seems to run and work fine. Plastics have been repaired in a few areas.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Seems high

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Seems high
Same thoughts on a 20 year old machine.

Keep in mind the cost of repair items are not on par with automotive, but several multiples higher and may not be available.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I buy, refurbish and sell 4x2's and 6x4's. Assuming the Gator was in good running condition, I'd offer $4500, assume I'd put a couple hundred into it and list it at $6000. So for you, as an end user I'd say $4700 ain't bad for a diesel, again assuming it's in good running order. I sell gas 6x4's for $5k all day long. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't you just love it when someone asks a question and we respond with our best advice and we hear nothing in return. Have to wonder how serious he was.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Don't you just love it when someone asks a question and we respond with our best advice and we hear nothing in return. Have to wonder how serious he was.

I share your frustration

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seen an 05 HPX diesel listed on one of the sites, called it a mechanic special for $4999....needed a motor...this was a JD dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Easily offended !! hehe Craig[/QUOTE]

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
Easily offended !! hehe Craig

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Actually, when someone asks for help and people step up to provide that help, it's customary to at least acknowledge it. Kind of an old-fashioned notion, just sayin'.

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.[/QUOTE]

My remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek !! Obviously, I agree with you guys - common courtesy is something we're losing rapidly as a culture !! Wait about 6 months and we'll see it at an all-time low !! Craig

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts

Not only is a response customary, it is a common curtesy.

My remark was meant to be tongue-in-cheek !! Obviously, I agree with you guys - common courtesy is something we're losing rapidly as a culture !! Wait about 6 months and we'll see it at an all-time low !! Craig[/QUOTE]

Yep I understand your comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. No worries

1 - 13 of 13 Posts