John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gator 850d... I would like to have a grill or whatever you call it between my cab and the bed. Purpose is so I can hang some tools. The stouter it is, the better but if I can't find stout, I could just hang the lightweight stuff. This is for maintaining a trail in my woods. I carry chainsaws, fuel, oil, hatchet, machetes, scythe, shovel, measuring tape, etc., that kind of stuff.

If there is any alternative, I'm open to whatever. Like a toolbox, but I don't know where you'd put it.

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
Gator 850d... I would like to have a grill or whatever you call it between my cab and the bed. Purpose is so I can hang some tools. The stouter it is, the better but if I can't find stout, I could just hang the lightweight stuff. This is for maintaining a trail in my woods. I carry chainsaws, fuel, oil, hatchet, machetes, scythe, shovel, measuring tape, etc., that kind of stuff.

If there is any alternative, I'm open to whatever. Like a toolbox, but I don't know where you'd put it.

Hello @livemusic

I believe you are looking for a “ rear windscreen”

I’m a big fan of buying OEM components because of the build quality and they fit your equipment.

If you have the OPS cab I believe you are looking part number BM22827. Through your local dealership the price is $287.83 without shipping or sales tax.

If you purchase through Green Farm Parts use discount code GTT the price is $267.68 with free shipping and no sales tax.

Please report back on your decision and post photos when you install the windscreen.

Good luck!!

For carrying a Chainsaw check out Sawhaul products. They are said to be very good.

https://www.sawhaul.com

Note: Green Farm Parts is a sponsor of Green Tractor Talk (GTT) forum.

On edit: a couple additional storage solutions.

The rear OPS storage bag work great for carrying hand tools gloves tape measure etc.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use my 625 Gator to service a 330 acre tree farm and carry a bunch of gear. The pole saw and brushcutter ride on Koplin dual equipment holders that are fastened to the top rail of the cargo bed. I purchased the JD front cargo rack and attached a Koplin chain saw scabbard to one side of the rack. I located a military surplus wood ammo (75 MM recoiless rifle rounds) that fits precisely inside the lips of the front cargo rack. The crate is held down with a bunge cord run underneath the bars of the rack...painted it green and its does yoeman service to keep the small hand tools in one place.

My previous machine was a Kawasaki Mule on which I installed a metal tool trough that attached to the side posts of the roll cage...can't tell you how many times I banged my head on that thing and swore I would never repeat having equipment rattle around behind my head...hope this helps

·
Registered
721 Posts
Slightly off topic but I made a rear windscreen out of 1/4" Lexan. It's not good for carrying heavy tools but it does a great job preventing chaff and dust from blowing in from the rear when driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts