John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tore down my RSX and found metal shavings and a VERY sloppy half shaft spindle that connects to it...My thinking is that it was thrown out and possibly spun the bearing when my front differential messed up on me last week...any thoughts or ideas...maybe even someone that has had this same problem??? If so what could it be and possible cost to repair...thanks y'all anything is much appreciated...:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for taking so long to inform everyone of the issue I had...Ended up being the carrier bearing out...the spindle was sloppy enough to pull completely out after removing the belt housing...replacement carrier bearing with pressed in spindle, around $57...much cheaper than I had expected...WAS able to use the machine after removing the half shaft and spindle from carrier bearing mount (spindle was wearing my housing due to bearing being so far gone)...still havent been able to check my front differential oil yet to see if that is the reason my bearing went out...hoping there is no metal shavings inside the differential...will post soon as I can what I find...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts