John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XUV590E
25 Posts
I have a 2021 560 e s4. Any info on brighter headlight bulbs?
It looks like there is an LED headlight kit (assuming you don't have those) - AUC14643. There do not seem to be alot of aftermarket parts for the XUV 560/590 either. I installed the extra set of lights to the brush guard and aimed them higher (to act like high beams on a car) and it was more than enough light to give me visibility that allowed running fairly fast in the dark on the trails at our hunt club.

Here's the parts catalog from JD - https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search

·
Registered
191 Posts
It looks like there is an LED headlight kit (assuming you don't have those) - AUC14643. There do not seem to be alot of aftermarket parts for the XUV 560/590 either. I installed the extra set of lights to the brush guard and aimed them higher (to act like high beams on a car) and it was more than enough light to give me visibility that allowed running fairly fast in the dark on the trails at our hunt club.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the same problem with a 625I...I added a pair of "mid-range" driving lights on the OPS header bar. They did improve the situation but I am still seeking compatible LED bulbs to replace the OEM bulbs in the front fender fixtures without requiring new wiring, switches etc...ideally a plug and play solution. Any help from Forum members is appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 XUV590E
25 Posts
I'm going to assume that the 590 and 560 share the same headlights... the bulb is a size "862" which you can find LED 862 bulbs online or at an auto parts store. Some of the LED bulbs look pretty long though and the headlight is not that deep - might be good to measure the depth.

·
Registered
384 Posts
There are lots of aftermarket stuff that will plug right in. Most unfortunately are "daylight running lights" which are not very bright. High power ones usually require cooling which is accomplished by a fan or ribbon fins. Never get a fan as they'll clog up with dirt quickly. Read the specs carefully. The anti flicker ones seem to last longer.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I’d go with independent led lights on brush guard but disconnect the plug in the back of stock lights and buy a pigtail to plug in to power leds. This way the stock wiring and switches can be used to power led lights. (Stock lights not functional)

If needed (in an emergency or other) the harness could be returned to stock.

I did the above to my Gator. Led lamps were the cheap 18 watt units found on Amazon. They easily double the light output over stock while keeping current levels low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added the auxlight led bulbs from Amazon. Size 881. They are a good deal brighter than the factory bulbs.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought a set of JDM brand LED bulbs size 881 and when they arrived I was surprised to see that they are "L" shaped with the socket on the short end of the "L" ...will these fit the 625i fixture or did I make a mistake ...should I have purchased "straight" style sockets?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought a set of JDM brand LED bulbs size 881 and when they arrived I was surprised to see that they are "L" shaped with the socket on the short end of the "L" ...will these fit the 625i fixture or did I make a mistake ...should I have purchased "straight" style sockets?
Fenny...thanks for the update and especially for the photos...I am as mechanically inclined as a rock and the pics will be a big help.

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 12 of 12 Posts