John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone jumped the relay for the headlights so that they dont shut off after a 30sec stop? I think that is annoying as all get out. Plus, Im putting HID's in and dont want them to be turning off and on all the time and burn a ballast.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Burn a Ballast???Huh..Just get some Led Lights and wire them in to a relay negative ground controlled..Hardly any amp Draw,,what a way to Go..I have done it with Mine

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah LED over HID anyday when it comes to offroad vehicles. I have a set in my truck and the ballasts don't like bumpy roads.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah LED over HID anyday when it comes to offroad vehicles. I have a set in my truck and the ballasts don't like bumpy roads.
AMEN I will never go HID in an OFF ROAD Vehicle again I love the LED's and with the new technology they are hard to beat

·
Registered
76 Posts
did they design the head lights to come on an off on the 850 when you have the high beam lights on are do I have a problem

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yep they are suppose to do that

·
Registered
709 Posts
It is designed to reduce power drain on your battery since the charging system works best when at mid to 3/4 throttle. Those halogen lights take some power so it's just a way to keep your battery from draining too bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
is there a way to stop it

·
Registered
51 Posts
is there a way to stop it
With a minor wiring mod you could keep it from doing it but if your adding accessories and such at idle when your rpm is low it burdens you charging system depending on your accessories and load to much can damage your charging system I guess just be careful not to over burden your system.

·
Registered
89 Posts
LEDs

Can some one give me a link or the brand and maybe the model # for changing to LEDs !I see them on eBay but I heard there crap and use crappy material
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I realize they are supposed to do that, I just dont want it to :D. Im going to put HID's in it and an LED light bar for when Im away from others and not going to blind anyone. Im planning on the dual battery kit also. I guess I will just leave it alone for now unless I start going through HID ballasts. Or another option would be to put the HID's in the Fog light housings then they will always be on, but still would be limited on light without having them in the other housings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts