John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here so forgive me if this is old news. Just bought my 850i. Camo. Warn winch on the front. Just fabricated door inserts and a roof out of black aluminum diamond plate and put a windshield on it. Also made a winch plate for the rear receiver and installed anther winch on the rear. Looking good, but now on to performance: Snorkel kit is coming in April. My question is who makes a heavy duty axle for the 850i? Once I burn off these factory 26's, I would like to lift it and put 30's on it but won't even think about going over 28's if I can't find good, strong axles for it. Gorilla does not make them apparently and can't find anyone else who does either.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am running 29.5 Outlaw 2s and I beat on my gator pretty good. I am still on stock axles even running a 2" lift. I have not seen any axles out yet, but I bet someone has them in the works.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im also on 30" Silverbacks and a 2" lift with stock axles and I have never had an issue.

If anyone is looking for upgraded axles Gorilla does make them now or you can call Josh over at Solid Metal WRKS in Longview, TX and he can custom make axles for the RSX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I guess maybe I might be the first!
I snapped the LF outer CV joint this past weekend :(
Was climbing out of a creekbed up a fairly steep hill, had it in low range, frt diff locked up and the front of the machine lifted a bit, and when it landed the LF hit a big hard rock and ......snap!

My thoughts on this are since I put the lift in it and the 28" Swamplites;
1) The center of gravity is much higher and I have put it on its side twice
2) Swamplites throw an amazing amount of dust into the cab
3) Swamplites are really aggressive and I'm thinking if I had the OEM Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 on, this may not have happened.

I really like the look of the Swamplites, but am thinking of going back to the Bighorn 2.0

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have put mine on its side once and I will have to agree it does feel like the center of gravity is higher. Some wheel spacers would help that, it would just throw more mud down the sides.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I seen Josh at SMW post something about gorilla axles being available on his page the other day. I might have to look into that I'm sure these stocks aren't gonna hold up much long with these silverbacks.

Update...

Heather from Gorilla-Axle emailed earlier today. Gorilla does not make RSX850i axles, however, for 520 bucks they will convert a stock axle to a Gorilla whether its broken or not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tunner makes axles for the gator they are 1800 for 1 year warrenty an about 2250 for 2 year warrenty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts