John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As luck would have it, after my 12 year old Polaris Ranger blew the engine…and the nice folks at the dealership here tells me it’s gonna be 5-7,000$ and 8-10 months, I won a 2018 UXV-560e S4 always grated, less than 24 hours on it in a raffle. So far it’s been at JD more than with me because of things I wanted done to it before it went to work hauling me and the dogs looking for quail and pheasant and me and the grandsons at clay shoots.

Anythjng in particular I need to watch for with this model and year of Gator?

Thanks in advance!

~g~

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As luck would have it, after my 12 year old Polaris Ranger blew the engine…and the nice folks at the dealership here tells me it’s gonna be 5-7,000$ and 8-10 months, I won a 2018 UXV-560e S4 always grated, less than 24 hours on it in a raffle. So far it’s been at JD more than with me because of things I wanted done to it before it went to work hauling me and the dogs looking for quail and pheasant and me and the grandsons at clay shoots.

Anythjng in particular I need to watch for with this model and year of Gator?

Thanks in advance!

~g~

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Clutch issues that will show as hard to shift into gear especially when ran for a period of time.

Reactions: MBDiagMan

·
Super Moderator
780 Posts
Welcome dude!

You are really making me jealous talking about quail and pheasant. In my end of the state the fire ants wiped out the quail more than ten years ago and we’ve never had ringnecks except at the game farms.

it will be a good machine and you can’t beat the price. If it starts getting difficult to put into gear without grinding we can fix that. Typically the primary clutch is the most problematic in those vehicles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome dude!

You are really making me jealous talking about quail and pheasant. In my end of the state the fire ants wiped out the quail more than ten years ago and we’ve never had ringnecks except at the game farms.

it will be a good machine and you can’t beat the price. If it starts getting difficult to put into gear without grinding we can fix that. Typically the primary clutch is the most problematic in those vehicles.
is that a Mooney in your sig pic?

One of the things I had JD do was put led lights on the top, 1 front is 20 in, 420watt led, sides are 4 in 60 watt cubes and rear is a 12in 72 watt led. Seems that after two evenings of riding around with the grandkids, with the lights running part of the time, after dropping the kids off gator wouldn't start, like a dead battery. Battery was new in May. Too much lights for the charging system? Or my\aybe some other issue?

·
Super Moderator
780 Posts
Yes, that’s my Mooney.

On the LED lights, do you know if those wattages are ratings for the amount of light they produce or are the actual amount of power they draw? If they actually draw that much power, yeah, that’s a very large electric load. If you can determine how much power they actually draw I might can help you from there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that’s my Mooney.

On the LED lights, do you know if those wattages are ratings for the amount of light they produce or are the actual amount of power they draw? If they actually draw that much power, yeah, that’s a very large electric load. If you can determine how much power they actually draw I might can help you from there.
I just made a deal a 58TC Baron, looking forward to going to Kansas to get it!

I can’t locate any additional info on the draw other than 12v and the wattage mentioned above. Guess I’ll be making a trip,to the local battery shop Monday and seeing what they say. Since this is a 12voLt system, I’ll jump it off with my portable jump box and drive it a bit and see if the battery come back up in the mean time…

·
Super Moderator
780 Posts
If he lights draw that much power, that works out to about 42 Amps. That’s a BUNCH of current.

My son in law has a very nice B58. They are finishing up hanging the right engine that was overhauled by Ram. It’s a wonderful plane, albeit a bit thirsty. You’ll love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, that’s my Mooney.

well, after jump starting it, and riding it around for 30 min or so, battery still dead. So either the stator/alternator is gone or the new battery put in 4/22 is bad. So a trip to the local battery shop that is also largest golf cart show…I have a golf cart with the same engine…I guess we’ll see what the problem is, and let them put lower draw lights on if needed and put these on the Jeep!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If he lights draw that much power, that works out to about 42 Amps. That’s a BUNCH of current.

My son in law has a very nice B58. They are finishing up hanging the right engine that was overhauled by Ram. It’s a wonderful plane, albeit a bit thirsty. You’ll love it.
this will be my second Baron. Had a P Baron 10 years ago, went to a Malibu Mirage, same speed, half the fuel burn, then a C90 KingAire but my partner in it hit some hard time and I just can’t justify the cost to operate and maintain, so time to downsize since for the most part there’s just 2 of us traveling in it…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Seems it is the voltage regulator. The stator/alternator check out fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts