John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I jumped onboard the John Deere train this past August. Purchased an 2019 XUV835M. I’ve added a Warn winch and KFI snow plow setup.

I have to say, these have to have the worst headlights on anything I’ve ever owned. The factory brush guard blocks some of the light and forget it with the plow on. I plan to add some aftermarket LED ones as John Deere thinks theirs are made of gold.

On the other hand these have the best suspension of all the working class UTV’s with a high capacity payload hands down.

Looking to add something to carry chainsaws and tools other than in the bed. We use it to carry lots and lots of wood and its a pain juggling the saw between in the cab or bed. Has anyone used the front basket?
555736AF-1DFC-415E-B4C0-10B310844C1E.jpeg

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think there is a 120 pound weight limit on the front. So if you get the top bracket and put a box on, you can do it. I have a tool box for the back that holds everything. The bed extender means I can still take that full load of wood. You have the standard JD crap bulbs. I have the 865R with the hi/low LEDs which do a good job. JD makes two types of lights that go into those front and rear wells; driving and work. The driving lights are narrower projection to a longer distance. They're great if JD puts them up front in the first place. My experience with the work lights up front netted huge glare in the snow. JD did flip them over shortly thereafter. Light bars tend to not be long range but are much cheaper and work great for most. If you want to improve your headlights, then LED headlights (not driving/fog lights) can make a huge difference. I have them in my 855D. Get the ones with passive cooling mesh wire loops vs. a fan which will quickly clog. If you want to change out the rest of the lights to LED, great. However your JD flasher relay won't work. I did the LED thing and put a motorcycle adjustable solid state relay in. Works great. JD also got silly on one of the rear lights being a Euro base vs. standard so make sure you get LEDs that fit. BTW, even the new relay the rig didn't like Osram LEDs. Probably not enough current overall for just a turn. Doubling up with flashers were fine though. Might want to consider adding the rear window guard. Pain to wash the window, but stuff bouncing around like I frequently have is a nice way to keep the window in one piece. Finally, if you don't need your knobbies all the time, you can do street tires on trailer rims. Search the site. Others and I have some advice on those. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Have the front rack on the 855D to carry stuff as you describe. It's very functional when using the Gator for work. Place to hold the saw, fuel, oil and a small cooler for drinks and such.

Created a floor from plywood to keep items from falling through. The only downside to the modification is with very technical trail sections as the board blocks the view immediately in front. Without the board it was easy to see down through the rack. It's not bad, but wanted to mention it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts