John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gator running slow

Hello to you, well i have an older gator 6x4, has been running fine, until the other day when moving forward, even when gas pedal is pushed to the floor, it barely goes. I put it in reverse and it goes fine..very strange to me. Also should i post this over in the general discussion area?

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nah, the admins can move it if they feel it necessary.

Do you have any unusual noises like coming from the clutch? Have you lifted the bed and watched when you shift from forward to reverse? Before all this started did you hear any noise or get any vibration right before this problem happened?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome !!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont think the clutch would be an issue because everything moves the same direction in fwd as reverse. The directional change takes place in the transmission. I would jack up the rear so all rear tires are off the ground. Install jack stands. Raise bed and run it fwd and rev. Observe the chains and listen to the trans and axle hubs. Sounds like something is binding up. Also make sure the brakes are releasing all the way. How's the trans oil level?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!! DeereSales was right about the place to post and about us moving them, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.