John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays,

I have a small farm in upstate NY and am considering a Gator an acquaintance has for sale but I don't know the year or model or even value and am looking for some guidance.
It is a diesel it only has 108 hours it has 6 wheels and the back 4 appear to be 4 wheel drive back 4 are connected by a chain the front 2 wheels seem to be freewheeling. It has a power dump the serial number is WOO6x4D0343XX No Cab or pto or other accessories.
It looks in great condition with a winch on the front and clean I do think it has been sitting for a few years but in a garage.
Can anyone shed some light on what it is, year and or value?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

·
Registered
165 Posts
buy it if the price is right

I just came to own a Gator 6x4 diesel with a dump bed myself. It's a workhorse if that's what you're looking for, not a ATV. If you're not familiar with Diesel engines it takes a little more attention to keep the electrical connections clean due to the energy to compress the fuel for ignition. I originally was going to sell my 97 for $500 because I didn't understand how to fix it. A little effort, $200 in cables, glow plug module and some seat covers and i'm very happy. I rarely need to use the 4 wd which makes steering a challenge. check online to see what the gator may be worth. good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Thanks for that info, I am really trying to figure out if it is for me. I am not looking for an ATV, I already have that and MC dirt bikes. I would be looking for a work horse but now have to figure out the correct price to offer. His asking price is too high I think. He was starting at about $7k. Seems to me closer to $4k would be correct, but still not sure, I will continue my search the last 6 digits in the serial number are 034391
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
165 Posts
everyone has a different reason or need when it comes to purchasing a gator, quad or whatever it may be. Ask yourself a few questions; should I buy new or used? What will the primary use for the gator be, work/fun a little of both? I've seen the new Gators that cost over 12K starting price. Personally that's not for me but again, everyone's needs are their own. 4K would get you a pretty good used small truck if you're just looking for something to help get the work done and not care about what it looks like. I'm unaware of any rules regarding what equipment is required to work your farm;) Happy New Year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts