John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1993 6X4 Gas. I bought it from some Hutterites who didn't seem to know too much about it, or they weren't talking. Anyway the ser# is W006X4X016063. I talked to the J.D. dealer parts guy and he told me it was probably by the last digits in the ser# the 63rd one made. It has a Vtwin Kawi engine that the Hute did say had been changed.
Anyway as I use this unit I'm sure I will have lots of question. I'm planning on starting a new hobby, gold panning and thought this would be great for getting in & out of the remote mountainous ares around here.
Good to be here ...Bill :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Gator community and especially to the forum. I personally don't have much knowledge about the 6x4 (a little time behind the wheel about 10 years ago), but there are a lot in the forum with a wealth of knowledge.

Enjoy the machine and the reads here!

- Steve from stormy CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Holy Cow, I took the 6X4 over to a buddies farm yesterday and went for a short little putt. I stopped right in the middle of the mudhole he always gets stuck in and it walked out of there like it was on pavement.

It was cold and rainy so I didn't stay long, I wasn't dressed for it. But not only will it be a great tool it'll be a lot of fun too!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
:D Glad to hear how capable it is! I never really tested the 4x6 that I drove... just hauled hay bales around to horses on dry ground. Sounds like you'll really enjoy the new vehicle!

- Steve in sunny CO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts