John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 620i that I bought new and have less than 200hrs on due to it being kept at a second home. I now have it at my residence and will be using it considerably more so I am interested in your topic as well.

I am also seriously considering buying an EZ Steer power steering kit for it. Have you (or anyone else) had experience with them on a 620i?

Mike:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Its a CVT so clutching will always show best seat of the pants changes. Take the weights out and weigh them on an accurate scale. Then just find some that are a gram less to try out. Or you can try different springs in the secondary or even have a machine shop make different helix in secondary. The aftermarket isn't real hot on these because Deere makes bigger sizes. It will have to be on you own study. Best case scenario the clutches are the same as some Polaris clutches made by team and you can rob part/found parts for a Polaris and test it on your 620.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, I think that is a little more involved than my capabilities and I am generally pleased with the overall performance.

I did go ahead and bite the bullet and ordered the EZ Steer power steering kit from SuperATV.com.

I am looking forward to the improvement in low speed steering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it needed tires so I went from the stock 25 inch to 26 inch mud lites so that made a little diffrance in the top end not much but some and I mentoned it to a friend and he says the same about the weights and taking a little weight out of it but me nor him know if we need a puller to take the clutch off to work on it dose anyone know???

·
Registered
140 Posts
You need one to remove primary not secondary. But if your a ninja about it you might be able to take the weights out of with the primary still on. Ik sleds and RSX you can. Secondary has to come off but its supposed to be floating on that input shaft and slide off after bolt is taken out. Key word supposed to. After you get it off cover that whole input shaft in grease and put back together. Primary goes on dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts