John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning. As you probably know by now my Gator is dead on the deck. I need to push it ahead about 15 feet to get my truck closer to the door (my husband is disabled). How do I get a dead Gator to move? Smooth, level concrete and it won't budge in neutral. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Brake on?

it should move regardless if it is in neutra/FWD/reverse

·
Registered
121 Posts
If the parking brake was on for an extended period, the brakes may stick even after being released. This can usually be overcome with a good nudge. Once broken free, the wheels should turn free. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure tire pressure is to the high side (6 psi on my HDAC tires) and brake is off. Put in neutral as the Gator moves easier. Rock back and forth two or three times to looses up bearings brakes etc. To rock it, I just put my foot near the top of one of the rear wheels and push and release a couple of times. It will start rocking. Once it is rocking push hard and she should go as long as you are not going upgrade. I have to do this process all the time to get the 72 in snow blade aligned for installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts