John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to owning a gator, but am a big fan of my 550 S4 so far. I needed a little more ground clearance and I found 14" Can Am wheels with 27" Bighorn 2.0 tires for a good deal, so I swapped them out with the John Deere factory wheels. In doing so, I've discovered that the factory wheel hub dust cap/cover/whatever doesn't fit the new wheels because it attached to the wheel, rather than the hub. I tried out a set of Can Am dust caps, but those snap into the Can Am wheel hub, rather than the wheel.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share on where I can find, or how I can rig up, hub dust caps for my gator?

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

·
Registered
2020 XUV590E
28 Posts
Which factory wheels did you have... my 590 has the basic steel ones and the hub dust cap looks like it snaps on and it doesn't come off with the wheel. Its a $4 part so may be worth a try.

·
Registered
391 Posts
eTrailer.com has stainless steel dust caps of various sizes. I suspect your rims have a slight round indent on the back side. They'd be similar to the ones in my article "Street Tires". You just need the correct diameter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which factory wheels did you have... my 590 has the basic steel ones and the hub dust cap looks like it snaps on and it doesn't come off with the wheel. Its a $4 part so may be worth a try.
Here are my stock wheels. The cap clips into the rim. I'm wishing my gator came with the steel rims rather than these. From what I've seen looking at them online, you're right.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Rim Circle Symmetry Automotive wheel system

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

I'm going to hunt for the right diameter steel or rubber dust cover. @CaptSeabee, thanks for the etrailer.com recommendation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts