John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'am new to this forum.
I've had my Hpx815e for a year now, and it runs great! I would like to know if anyone got any tips on how to increasing the speed, and yes i know that they are'nt made to be a racecar, but i would lika little more speed than just 45km/h
Thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Do you have a top speed goal in mind? Budget?

This might help to understand what may or may not be feasible/economical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a top speed goal in mind? Budget?

This might help to understand what may or may not be feasible/economical.
It would be nice to bump the top speed up to 55km/h if thats possible, but any form of speed increase is good. I know that you can play around with weights in the clutch on other models but not sure about my HPX.
I would like to increase the speed as cheap as possible, like under 400-500$.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Changing weights won't increase top end as you're generally not altering the overall gear ratio.

The engine RPM would need to increase by the percentage speed increase desired, but that is only half the equation as the HP needs to increase also to overcome the parasitic losses as the speed increases.

I've yet to see anyone on this forum alter the transaxle gearing either.

Can the motor spin to a much higher rpm? That's always a possibility, but not certain how well the engine is supported by the aftermarket.

Best bet would be to purchase a different machine or learn to live with the limitations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changing weights won't increase top end as you're generally not altering the overall gear ratio.

The engine RPM would need to increase by the percentage speed increase desired, but that is only half the equation as the HP needs to increase also to overcome the parasitic losses as the speed increases.

I've yet to see anyone on this forum alter the transaxle gearing either.

Can the motor spin to a much higher rpm? That's always a possibility, but not certain how well the engine is supported by the aftermarket.

Best bet would be to purchase a different machine or learn to live with the limitations.
Yeah, it would of course be the easiest to buy a mew machine and if I could I would.

I know that you can adjust the injection pump since it's a mechanical one, wich should give the machine more HP

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yeah, it would of course be the easiest to buy a mew machine and if I could I would.

I know that you can adjust the injection pump since it's a mechanical one, wich should give the machine more HP
Extra HP will help to get to top speed quicker, but it will not improve the top speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Extra HP will help to get to top speed quicker, but it will not improve the top speed.
ooh, then just have to figure out a way to get more RPMs
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated

·
Registered
36 Posts
At a dealer today looking for a different primary spring for my TH and one of the parameters we came across was MPH in that a certain spring would gain, it was only 3mph but a gain none the less, I'd like to tell you more but I wasn't looking for that only wanted a softer one to ease engagement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts