John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2014 625i, want to install light kit BM24016 using wiring harness 24089. Instruction for harness states that wiring harness is behind battery when it looks like it is under tray below hood. Not sure how to route harness. If wiring harness under hood then you could use switch on dash with different harness , correct? Need help. John Deere says right harness for this Gator.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Should be in the battery compartment. You only use a few of the connections on the 24089 harness. I assume that is because they made it for multiple models to keep part numbers down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is this main wire harness to hook ops switch harness to?

I have the harness back to battery on my 825 S4, but where are all the connections at that I hook to? Do I have to take things apart around where the battery sits? I know that I don't use all the connections, but where are the connections that I do need?
Thanks Walkupgator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally did find the harness connections. They were in battery compartment towards the middle, and towards the front. Had to move the harness around and get a good light. Keep searching

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks fellas found it, thanks to you guys.

Thanks. Got it hooked up they work great just in time for 11" of fluff the boss v plow cut it like butter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
TeddyB: Just took delivery of a 2014 625I and intend to install the mid-range lights. My dealer said/sold me the JD switch box for mounting on the OPS cage. I also noticed what appears to be an empty connector behind the instrument panel knee high on the drivers left side...is this the item that prompted your question ref routing the light switch to one of the existing knock out segments on the main instrument panel thereby ignoring the OPS box and the hassle that goes with that installation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking the same thing, but had purchased switch box and thought I could further add accessories with power already on the OPS. Using an empty slot on the dash could be a cleaner addition. I guess it depends on your preferences and future plans.

·
Registered
159 Posts
just finished installing the mid-range light kit and OPS switch box...a VERY frustrating process. The JD instructions appear to have been written before the current wiring harness was issued. The corragated black plastic protective sheathing on the wiring harness gets hung up on the two 90 degree angles inside the OPS cage...finally stripped the sheathing...ran the wires from the main wiring harness to the switch box then reinstalled the sheathing on the external portions. Unless you are really mechanically inclined I would seriously recommend letting a dealer do the installation.

·
Registered
483 Posts
just finished installing the mid-range light kit and OPS switch box...a VERY frustrating process. The JD instructions appear to have been written before the current wiring harness was issued. The corragated black plastic protective sheathing on the wiring harness gets hung up on the two 90 degree angles inside the OPS cage...finally stripped the sheathing...ran the wires from the main wiring harness to the switch box then reinstalled the sheathing on the external portions. Unless you are really mechanically inclined I would seriously recommend letting a dealer do the installation.
My dealer installed my mid-range lights (pointed rearward) and they ran it outside the OPS. You have to separate the OPS to feed them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah...live and learn. The light installation process could be the poster project for my life with things mechanical...I have difficulties understanding the technical directions, I frequently lack the right tools for a given job (deep sockets, breaker bar, wire snake, etc) am working under challenging environmental conditions (air temp last week was low 30's)...all to try to both save a couple of bucks and overcome my mechanical ineptitude.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah...live and learn. The light installation process could be the poster project for my life with things mechanical...I have difficulties understanding the technical directions, I frequently lack the right tools for a given job (deep sockets, breaker bar, wire snake, etc) am working under challenging environmental conditions (air temp last week was low 30's)...all to try to both save a couple of bucks and overcome my mechanical ineptitude.
For some reason, this reminds me of a quote from another board referencing an encounter with an angry beaver charging. It makes me laugh every time I think of it.
"I chose to stand my ground, not out of pure guts and bravery, but more out of massive quantities of liquid courage combined with a complete lack of physical conditioning"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts