John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share photos of my Hallcraft enclosure on my 550. Makes plowing snow a pleasure. Installs easy, breaks the wind and is well made.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a ton of questions for you

GatorDan,

I have a bunch of questions for you. Your pictures are exactly what I am thinking about putting together.

I already have the Gator 550 just like yours and have been considering the plow. Is yours a factory JD Plow and winch? Did you install it?

If you installed it I have a bunch of follow up questions.

What are your impressions so far? Will it push a bunch of snow. I see you have a little weight in the back. Was that needed or just taking it to the house?

Any comments or suggestions on the doors and cab?

Looking for any advice you can give me. Anything you would do different?

Thanks for the pictures and look forward to your suggestions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sidebite....the blade and push arms are Moose Utility products. I have a mounting plate bolted to the chassis to mount the push arms to. I used this plow on a CanAm 400 Quad for 4 years. No doubt the gator pushes easier and with better traction. I plowed without any extra weight in the box....I imagine if the snow was wet and heavy the weight would help. The enclosure comes from Hallcraft....I love it...plow snow without mitts. The winch is from Costco ....best deal around. I installed everything myself. I have over 50 hours on the gator and no problems so far. Hope this helps you out....Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts