John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, hello everyone. Can someone please tell me the year of my 6x4, the VIN number is W006x4005991? I am having an issue after replacing the belt, it has a loss of power, we need this vehicle for my husband who is a kidney transplant recipient. Thank you so much for any help.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Newbie here, hello everyone. Can someone please tell me the year of my 6x4, the VIN number is W006x4005991? I am having an issue after replacing the belt, it has a loss of power, we need this vehicle for my husband who is a kidney transplant recipient. Thank you so much for any help.
Welcome Tennessee Witch,

Feel free to post often, photos are always appreciated !

As a FYI, when sourcing parts Deere does not reference the DOM or Date of Manufacture, they use the PIN or Product Identification Number.

If you’re looking for the DOM of your Gator, please see the thread at the top of the General Discussion titled Model Year Lookup Table.

Depending on the model, the PIN can be found on a placard in front of right rear tire on the frame OR stamped on the frame under the passenger seat and sometimes on a label near the rear hitch.

There are several online Deere part warehouses such as Green Farm Parts use code GTT for discount and Green Part Store use code TTWT for free shipping. These online companies can often provide better pricing than local dealerships.

Operator and Technical Manuals can be found at the link below:

Manuals

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams can be found at the link below:

Parts Catalog and Part Diagrams

Additionally please use the robust “Search Community” function on the forum, there is a great deal of information available through this function.

As a reminder, this forum is only as good as it’s members; if you should seek advise from others and you find a solution to your issue, please remember to post a response with a resolution. This will help others with similar issues in the future.

Thank you, Enjoy your Gator !

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
1994 John Deere 6X4 Gas Gator.
75 Posts
I have an older 6X4. My serial# W006X4X009266. If looking at the Gator from the rear, the ID tag should be on the lower portion of right rear bottom frame rail. My JD dealer said mine is a 1994 model. They made the same unit from 1993 through 1995. I replaced my drive belt with JD Part# M125383 per the dealer and it works fine. The way to check belt wear is by the width of the belt, besides obvious wear life fraying. As the belt wears, it gets narrower and does not grip the pulleys on the clutch or transaxle as well , thus letting it slip. I restored mine almost from the ground up. I’ll try to attach a before and after picture
B44BFD10-AB6A-4E6B-AD1A-7DBB7ED7C1B6.jpeg
1CE3BC13-72D8-4885-AA3E-9D94C8831BF2.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts