John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone I desperately need some help solving an issue with my gator. I have the kawasaki fd620d engine in mine that I done pistons rings and new cam shaft in all was well with build and has 165ish on compression after rebuild. but the issue I'm having is its dieseling once it's up to operating temp. can't make it do it at all when it's cold. when I turn it off after it's up to temp it runs for a few seconds before it finally chokes out. I have done what I know to do on the Governor assembly. put high octane gas in it. and adjusted the carb to the best of my knowledge. I'm pretty sure the timing was dead on when I was going back together with it but was wondering what else it may be? I did install a new cam and cam gear and did not change the tappets or the push rods or valves. didn't figure I needed to since it already had a steel gear cam when tore down. please help!! and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it never not restarts. it runs great while it's on its just not wanting to shut down when the key gets turned to the off position. it acts like an old diesel engine keeps running when key is turned off

·
Registered
2 Posts
MarilynBright said:
I don't like to fix old tractors often because I don't see its point. In my opinion, it entails more losses than buying a new tractor. Especially I love small tractors. Unlike the literate ones, they are really versatile and can do more activities and jobs than other tractors. And now I have a problem. Either I buy a brand new mini tractor here https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk/compact-tractors-for-sale/ , or I don't buy anything, but the profits will continue dwindle as well. I don't understand at all what I should do. Can anyone give me some advice?
To begin with, try to explain why you need a tractor, because it is difficult to understand which tractor is most suitable for you without knowing what you plan to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts