John Deere Gator Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
It will be interesting to see if a recall is actually issued.

If it does, it would be nice if someone posts the actual notice to customers.

Did the dealer offer a loaner until your is fixed? 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It will be interesting to see if a recall is actually issued.

If it does, it would be nice if someone posts the actual notice to customers.

Did the dealer offer a loaner until your is fixed? 馃
No. They said just to keep using it. I told them that鈥檚 a little dangerous. They just shrugged their shoulders and said be careful. As soon as I got it home and started it, the AC doesn鈥檛 work now. Worked great before.

Registered
Sounds like you might need an extended warranty. Good luck!

Super Moderator
It finally occurred to me what might be going on here:

when I read 鈥渏umping out of gear鈥 I immediately think of gear engagement in the transmission. After reading the OP a few times it finally sunk in. The writer is describing the loss of engine braking that occurs whenever the engine speed returns to idle speed. This disconnects the belt allowing the Gator to freewheel down a hill.

On these CVT systems if you will give a slight bit of throttle when coasting down a hill, the primary clutch will close a little causing the engine to add braking. It seems counterintuitive, but it works.

Try it and let us know how it works. It takes a little practice.

Hope this helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No. It dies it at any speed and any rpm. I鈥檝e seen it do it at 4000 rpm+. I Do think it鈥檚 the engine brake thing though.
Different subject that might have something to do with it:
You are supposed to push the brake to start the machine, or it won鈥檛 start. I鈥檝e never had to push on the brake. I wonder if there is something electrical that鈥檚 not connecting or connecting telling the engine brake to not engage. Just a thought.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts