John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it Marcus and i finally got around to installing my GoPro Mount on the gator and kinda made a lil video to test the ride and see how it looks. Please give it a look for me and tell me what you think? Thank You so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itchful1r08#t=116

·
Registered
114 Posts
tabaco or cotton?

how did you mount the GoPro?, its got a good view.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its tobacco for the most part. a lil cotton in that field and i used a go pro bar mount and cut the bolts a lil and used regular nuts rather than the ones that come with it mounted it on the front roll bar and it doesnt really bother anything its high and out of the way i thought about moving it to the rear cross so you can see the cockpit also ill take pics of both the gator and the mount since i ant got around to adding any yet

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks good. Been wanting a GoPro on mine for a while now, just haven't gotten around to purchasing one

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very cool loved the video and not much movement. Great Job I'm looking into one now.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good. Been wanting a GoPro on mine for a while now, just haven't gotten around to purchasing one
it is well worth the money in my opinion great video sound is not the best when it is in the waterproof case but hey thats y they make music to add to the vids haha

·
Registered
159 Posts
it is well worth the money in my opinion great video sound is not the best when it is in the waterproof case but hey thats y they make music to add to the vids haha
Yeah I heard the sound quality suffers whenever the case is added, but that's fine. Sometimes rides get... colorful... A little muffled audio may be beneficial.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it ant to bad tho u can still hear conversations motor that kinda stuff but i would rather add music to my videos that way i know for sure that i wont hurt any virgin ears haha. i swamped the gator this past weekend too. no pics to go with it but changed fluids just need to new plugs which are ordered and went ahead and ordered a belt since it filled the belt housing looking at how to snorkel it next. wasnt going to do it but after that i will be water proofing her as a insurance policy haha wat do i need to seal other that just basic belt intake and exhaust side and also air intake. i saw the transmission fluid got milked easy is there any way to fix that?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not trying to make you relive your swamping of the gator but what happened Marcus?

Did the machine take water in the trans via the dipstick or another means? I only ask for informational purposes as I do go deep with my Honda atvs and have been concerned about the trans dipstick since before purchasing.

The snorkeling of the gator seems pretty straight forward from what I've seen on another machine that was at the dealer when purchasing mine. Make sure to reroute the vent lines as well obviously.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to be honest Nike it was a rookie mistake on my part. the trail was flooded but everyone else had made it throught (2 with snorkels 1 without) so i started going through it. everything had been clay/mud all night so i thought no different when hitting this hole. turns out it was sand. two wheel drive with soft sand covered in water she sank like a champ and yes it seems that it did enter through the filler neck. im gonna figure out how to solve that soon. got to much going on right now to really think about it. and snorkel will proably have to wait till after summer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Someone on here recommended using orings around the dipstick to seal it off. The only machine I have seen in person, the guy had electrical tape around the dipstick. I wasn't a real big fan of the electrical tape.... I've thought about some silicone around the dipstick and then possibly taping the outside.... Maybe all three if possible? Surely there is a better way.... Maybe a boat plug will fit in the filler tube???

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking the same thing with the boat plug or looking at different dip sticks from deere since thats my job lol but anyway idk its either gonna be silicon or a boat plug. i would never use tape to seal anything!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts