John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys i am new to this forum I just got a deal on a hpx. i need some help identifying my model year and some where i can find parts. I got the gator for 750.00 XCD which is about 300.00 US. it has only 335 hrs on it, but it developed a lot of rust on the body because it was on a resort close to the sea and the sea blast did a number on it. when i got it a wee ago it would not start. i towed it home and started to work on it. i replaced fuses, removed starter and cleaned it and it fired up. the next problem was the cvt clutch was not closing on the belt. i removed the clutch and there was some rust on the shaft which prevented from closing. I machined the rust off on my grandpa's lathe and put it back together. once back in it was driving. not much speed though. I guess it more of a power vehicle than speed.
i brought it to a guy to do some body work to get rid of the rust, i am encountering that i may need hardware like nuts and bolts. is there anyone who sell used parts. if not i guess i will have to buy new but i find gator parts to be a bit pricey for me.
i am attaching some pics so you guys can tell me what you think about the gator and what year it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Actually that is the serial number to the Roll Bar. The actual serial number should be on the right hand frame behind the passenger seat. If not there, on the back frame of the gator. Then i can get you model year information.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have you driven it with the bed off and someone watching the clutches? Can you tell if both are opening and closing when you speed up?

You've kinda got me nervous when you mentioned turning the drive clutch in the lathe. I hope you just polished the rust off with some emery cloth and didn't actually use a cutter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i got the serial # MOHP4GXO5O436. I will grab some more pics of the body today and post later. Thanks DeerSales101 for responding. by your name i am guessing that you sell gator parts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dane my grandfather was the one who did the machining on the lathe and he was very precise and patient(not like me). he took off the excess rust with a cutter but did not cut beyond the actual thickness then polished it off. I mounted it back and it is driving. i guess i have to give it a good lubing on all the wheels and drive components to ensure that all the power from engine is transferred to the wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Deere Sales 101, i am looking more for the guy who parts out used Gators and sells the used parts. so far i am in he market for headlights, seatbelt assembly, and some hardware nuts and bolts.
Thanks for the info on the model year.
The plan is to do a rebuild of sorts without breaking the bank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts