John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shock wrench and tool kit

When I bought mine I got the wrench for the shocks ( It was in with the manual) but I never received a tool kit. The no tool kit was a bit of a surprise. The atv's I've purchased in the past have always had a small kit with a couple of wrenches and a spark plug wrench. Should there have been a tool kit ??

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes the wrench should have been in with the manual but we have had them fall out of the plastic bag before by accident.

As for the DVD, it's just a safety video type of thing.

Shouldn't make you mad, i doubt they were trying to screw you.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And is there a break in policy so my warranty doesnt get voided cuz my salesman was pathetic and didnt tell me anything

·
Registered
159 Posts
I didn't get the tool or manual whenever I bought mine. Told the dealer and they apologized and gave the whole package to me. Probably just an oversight.

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is all listed in the operators manual. So even if the salesman doesnt say anything, it's your responsibility to read and understand the operators manual.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That is all listed in the operators manual. So even if the salesman doesnt say anything, it's your responsibility to read and understand the operators manual.
i think i speak for alot of people but no one ever really reads the owners manual. and a good salesman will up talk the warranty cause if u r buying a SxS for fun then u know that breakdowns r gonna happen and as a customer we need to ask about these things but if the salesman is only after a dollar then he wont say anything about it. but that is a big thing for me and that is the main reason im still iffy on a RSX a 6 month warranty ant sh*t. I have looked at all of our comptetion and i would say that the Kawaski has the best warranty hands down with 3 years and it is in the same utility class as the RSX and about the same price for regular customers. so yes it is our responsibility to read the owners manual but it is the salesman's job atleast touch bases on it. do u buy a truck or car and not have the salesman not tell u about the warranty?? i think not

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine came with a year warranty ?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Mine came with a year warranty ?
according to my salesman here they come with a 6 month warranty now and that is on the deere website also

·
Registered
709 Posts
RSX 850i's all come with a 6 month warranty. Any other gator will come with a 12 month warrany, unless and extended warranty is purchased or given.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maybe I have an extended warranty. Been a while since I bought it. Can't really remember. Lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts