John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the first few miles on my new gator. I had a 2018 xuv 835r and just got a 2021. They have improved a few things. The power steering is a lot better and the new one will go 53 mph. They must have changed the gears or clutching because at 45 I’m only running 5300 rpms. No park brake just park in shifter and the dash display has more stuff on it. The 4x4 is now true locking front the rears don’t have to slip for the front to engage. Time will tell the story I guess. I put almost 10,000 miles on my 2018 in a year and three months and it was a great machine, very little mechanical problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but my dealer just called and said they are coming out with a snorkle kit. I already changed mine over to clean air with 1hr on it. Should last a long time.

·
Registered
2021 XUV835R
6 Posts
No but my dealer just called and said they are coming out with a snorkle kit. I already changed mine over to clean air with 1hr on it. Should last a long time.
What do you mean by change over to clean air. I have the 2021 XUV835R on order waiting to receive mine still. I bought it loaded out. This will be my first one. I have had 4 Polaris razors in the past. Thought I go with something I could use on the farm this time plus with a cab was a must seems in Texas it either hot and dusty or cold and dusty. Anyway what did you do to the air filter system? I had my Polaris snorkel aftermarket but didn’t want to go that route on this and void warranty or didn’t plan on going in much mud or water.. when do think they will have a factory kit to relocate it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just rerouted my air intake so it sucks air from under the passenger seat instead of right by the rear tire. If you drive them a few miles on gravel roads the dirt will almost fall out of the air filter when you open it up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rock guided me thru this modification. My 835 M went from having the most dirty air filter you have ever seen ( after a very short ride on a dusty trail ) to having a filter that stays clean no matter what you throw at it. The modification involves using tubing to re route the air intake to the storage box under the passenger seat. Search the forum, there is plenty of info and pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine last week. Going from 2019 RSX 860m to this was apples and oranges. I love having the cab, and the RSX was way louder than it needed to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts