John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to argue if they are good or bad. However, if anyone is interested I finally crossreferenced the K&N part number and have been running it for a couple days. The K&N number is 4961 (E-4961 to be exact). It is a sythetic "industrial" filter that doesn't require it to be oiled, just cleaned. I bought two of them and plan on giving them a try. After I researched them on the K&N site and did a bunch of cross referencing, I ordered them on Amazon for about $38 bucks per filter.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice find and thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just because I don't know much about the topic.... Isn't the filter in the RSX suppose to be a good one? In your opinion would K&N be better?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The JD filter is definitely a good filter. However, at approximately $30 per filter, they are pretty expensive. The K&N flows a little more air and is reusable. I spent about $70 on 2 K&N's. I now change my filter more frequently because I always have a spare. The K&N for this machine is a synthetic filter that doesn't require oiling, just cleaning.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem!! That's what forums are for!! Anyway, the filters are a tad too long (I'm guessing JD did this for a monetary reason), but you can trim the rubber on the filter base or drimmell your air filter compartment. I cut a little of the rubber off the filter myself. Had excellent luck with them for the last year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem!! That's what forums are for!! Anyway, the filters are a tad too long (I'm guessing JD did this for a monetary reason), but you can trim the rubber on the filter base or drimmell your air filter compartment. I cut a little of the rubber off the filter myself. Had excellent luck with them for the last year.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts