John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Dark Green 825i gator. Should be in around Memorial Day. I have had 2 Polaris Rangers before, 800 HD and 500 HO. They were both junk and sold with in 6 months of purchase. I hope the gator holds up better. I purchased the 3 year warranty with this model also. I use these units for work. The rangers had snow plows as will the gator. I want to know if anyone has tried out the HD POWERtach Blade, 72in; XUV for the gator? Is it worth the money? Is it to much for the gator? Any review would be helpful. I have many JD tractors and all have been good quality equipment and warrantied what hasn't. I am sure the gator will be the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I can't give you feedback on the plow (I use my tractor for snow moving; Gator for almost everything else now), but I'm sure there are others who will have answers for you. Once you have some time with the Gator, I'd love to hear some comparisons with the Ranger 800 HD. That was on my short list, but people echoed your statement that they were junk. Between that and my experience with other JD products, I opted for the Gator. I'm not sorry, but I'm still curious about the Rangers. :p

- Steve from moist CO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I have not had much use with the john deere snow plow I purchased for my 825I last january, as we did not receive much snow fall this year. The one time I was able to use it the snow was wet and heavy; the gator handled it well so I am confident it will be useful in coming years. However, the only thing I would suggest is looking at the boss utv snowplows they appear to be heavier built and have a better piling ability for a little extra money. I know there is a member of this site who has one so maybe he will have more insight as I am only going off you tube videos and boss's websight. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the Boss plow for the Ranger. It was a great system. It was a little to heavy for the ranger. I think it would be for the gator but not sure. I have a 22ft pontoon that my dad pushes around with his gator 825i so I know they are definetly beefer in the front end. I talked with my dealer and they said they were having troubles with the HDPowertech plow ($3500) and said the generic version, which is around $2100 installed, was a better version. I will continue to research the products until around August and then make a purchase. So any insight or opinions are welcomed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What did you do

Arrowthrower, what did you end up purchasing. I have an '13 825i and having a hard time with the decision, due to weight, to go with boss v-plow. My logic tells me it is borderline too heavy for a utv, yet everyone seems to really like the combo and highly recommends...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts