John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2009 Gator 620i with 300 hours on it a few days ago. I discovered today that there is a loud knocking / tapping noise in the engine or area of the engine at idle. The noise tends to either go away or is masked by the louder noise of the engine revving when I accelerate. The gator runs and operates fine. The unit has a Kawasaki engine.

Any thoughts on the source of the knocking or if this is normal for this engine/model?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Should not have any loud knocking or tapping noises. All gators make more noise than you would expect. have someone experienced check it out to make sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the gator to my local John Deere dealer. They suggested the noise was valve chatter and adjusted the valves. It had no affect on the noise. I did a little more research on line and found one occurence of someone with a XUV 620i with fuel injection who was told that the fuel injected Kawasaki V twin engine was notorius for its valve clatter that could not be resolved. Is anyone else aware of this being an issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts