John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone looking for a quality aftermarket half windshield (with an upper shield lip) I found Kolpin running a blowout sale on their remaining inventory. Apparently they are beginning production on a thinner model and are selling out their current stock on hand.

I'd checked around for one and the MSRP was about $240. I got mine for under $80. It's a very nice windshield for the money. The link is below for anyone who might be interested.

John Deere XUV550/RSX850i Half-Fixed Windshield - Kolpin Powersports

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm in. Thank you for the link!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you for pointing that out. The rear shield was cheap also. I ordered that and the half shield now its definitely going to be a challenge to finish installing my snorkel. But I think I figured out how to do it since I already got all the stuff here to make my own

·
Registered
153 Posts
Found a online coupon and got it shipped to my door for $72.88!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a online coupon and got it shipped to my door for $72.88!

Glad you found an even better deal Nike. You'll like the windshield. Very sturdy and a snap to install. Hope everyone else that ordered one likes it as much as I do.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you ride at in OK PADINO[/QUOTE]

As I've only had my 850 for less than 3 months (with some time in the shop unfortunately) I'm always looking for good places to trail ride. So far I've been to Sundog Trails in Lexington, Big Reds in Macomb, and my favorite so far, Crossbar Ranch in Davis. This weekend I'm going to try to get to Redlined ATV in Meeker if it ever stops raining.

Crossbar is really nice. Located in the Arbuckle Mountains off I-35 and not far from the Texas border. It has 2 separate 22 mile mountain trails of different difficulty. While they both have some technical areas you won't finish one in less than 2 hours.

Looking forward to riding the eastern part of the state around Broken Bow and Beavers Bend park later this fall. Beautiful country there around the Ouchita & Kiamichi Mountains. How about you? Where do ride in north Texas?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Where do you ride at in OK PADINO
As I've only had my 850 for less than 3 months (with some time in the shop unfortunately) I'm always looking for good places to trail ride. So far I've been to Sundog Trails in Lexington, Big Reds in Macomb, and my favorite so far, Crossbar Ranch in Davis. This weekend I'm going to try to get to Redlined ATV in Meeker if it ever y raining.

Crossbar is really nice. Located in the Arbuckle Mountains off I-35 and not far from the Texas border. It has 2 separate 22 mile mountain trails of different difficulty. While they both have some technical areas you won't finish one in less than 2 hours.

Looking forward to riding the eastern part of the state around Broken Bow and Beavers Bend park later this fall. Beautiful country there around the Ouchita & Kiamichi Mountains. How about you? Where do ride in north Texas?[/QUOTE]
ive own mine since may and ive been been to bultcher off road park in bultcher its by the biggest i ride not sure on the miles. Ive also beento lake murray in NEAR Marietta OK it was a blast. And rocky ridge near Decatur its kind of small though. Im just trying to find more places to and potentially some more ppl to ride with and such.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been considering Lake Murray for a trail ride. Know some folks that have been there. You say is was a blast. About how long a ride was it? Would you do it again?

·
Registered
288 Posts
We were there for about 4 hours me and my buddy like to do more climbing stuff so we we would dip off in the ravines and climb. And yes I would go back cuz its nice when you get warm to just drive right up to the lake and take a dip

·
Registered
153 Posts
My half windshield has only been used on one ride and it seemed to create more dust than it deflected. I will pick my machine from the dealer Thursday and hope to have a better opinion before the weekend is over.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I too want a full windshield but would prefer it to be of the two piece tiling design. I just don't want to spend $600 for the JD windshield which seems to be of the best design that I have seen yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A half windshield with any top and a full rear will create more cab turbulence than you want. I ride with a soft top, half windshield and no rear shield and that setup works great. If you want a top and full rear then the full front is the way to go.

BTW, hope you got your Gator out of the shop and all is well with it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I actually just picked it up today. It is still on the trailer as I plan to take it to the hunting club tomorrow to do some work. In my short ride around the parking lot, all seemed well with the machine. Will know more tomorrow

·
Registered
43 Posts
If I have a full front windshield would the rear windshield create more noise as well as more wind? Seems like it would decrease amount of wind and debris from rear?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts