John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source for parts for hydraulic pump mechanism? Searched the web and eBay to no avail. My bed is stuck in the up position and noticed the pressure switch on the pump unit is missing. It will go up and everything got power switching with the switch. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Take some time and search the forum. Remember a few folks repairing/repairing their lift mechanism over the years. If you're lucky, you'll find the answer you're looking for.

Post back what you do find along with pictures that may help the next member.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
called KYB direct and they stated the unit is proprietary to JD or whatever equipment it is installed on. Call JD dealers and they have no break down of any parts for the unit. The quest goes on.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
This is how JD protects their replacement market and squash any competition. They have no incentive to sell small parts when they can increase their profits 100x by selling the entire assembly. Their commercial agreements preclude them from selling directly to the customer.

Look in KYB's product catalog for a similar item and look to see if replacement parts are available. It's very likely the only thing proprietary to JD is the part number. It's very unlikely they retooled to make a custom part for JD given their low volumes.

I'd be hard pressed to buy another JD product, given their business practices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
any resolution? I have an 825 with the KYB. The motor runs when power is to it, but no lift. Its not stuck because i can manually raise and lower the bed when the actuator is attached to the bed. Seems most people are having issues with it getting stuck - not the case here. Its just not building any pressure.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Another open thread the OP failed to comment on final resolution.

did you research the KYB info as suggested in post 4. Here’s your chance to help the community.

Reactions: Bradhill
1 - 6 of 6 Posts