John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the largest tires I can have installed without putting a lift on my RSX? Stock rims. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
904 Posts
29.5/30

I was running 29.5s on stock wheels with no lift for a while. The only time it had any problems was when it bottomed out. I know of another guy some where running 30" silverbacks with no lift and another guy around here running 30" Intercos.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 28 swamp lites and had no problems with stock suspension. I have since put a 2" lift on the RSX, because I wanted more ground clearance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tire size

For the people running the 28" tires, was there any rubbing on the shocks? My 2014 RSX850iSE has about a half inch clearance between the 26" Big Horns and the Fox 2.0 shocks. I just ordered a set of 28" Big Horns and plan to make a shock adjustment to get some additional ground clearance. Will I need to buy wheel spacers for the bigger tires? if so, where can I order a set of wheel spacers for the Gator?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i have 30s and ran it with no lift for months. i did go with 10s all the way around instead of a skinny wide set up. there was slight scrubbing when turning but only if i hit a bump. have a super atv kit on now and love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info on mounting 30" tires on a stock Gator. I will let you know how the new 28" tires and shock adjustment work. I need to get some more ground clearance. On our first ride with the stock set up, it bottomed out and rubbed the skid plate a lot.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea i had the same problem with mine the 30s helped alot but the 2 in lift did the trick

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have 30s and ran it with no lift for months. i did go with 10s all the way around instead of a skinny wide set up. there was slight scrubbing when turning but only if i hit a bump. have a super atv kit on now and love it.
How does the Super ATV Kit work? Is it a lift for the front n just adjust the rear shocks up? Or is it a lift all the way around at all 4 corners? Wanting to run the 28x10x14 Outback Max tires on my stock rims. Thanks

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The Superatv lift has a bracket lift for the front two shocks and uses a Puck style to lift the back but if you would prefer a bracket lift for the rear then Josh makes one. He is a member on here. You will have no problems with the 28s like i said i ran 30s on mine and it did fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts