John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone on here use any tow-behind products for aerating, seeding, fertilizing, thatching, etc? i was thinking about buying some stuff from agri fab to do these tasks but im not sure if theyre really only for use with a lawn and garden tractor. i actually both emailed and called agri fab customer service and got two different answers. one lady said they would work if i got a drop hitch to have them connect a little lower. would love to hear from someone who uses their gator with these things before i invest the $$$$ and the time to assemble them

thanks guys!

2016 gator 590i

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
I tow a ground driven manure spreader with my gator. This setup works really well.

I have a receiver that can be used upright or inverted.

I believe there are numerous posts on hitches / receivers on this forum, use the search function.

Here is a good resource to have handy. Adjustable Ball Mount Ball Mounts | etrailer.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess i should have been more clear. i was curious if anyone had specifically used agri fab aerators or broadcast spreaders before with a drop hitch and how well they worked. i had used the search function on the subject of aerating, seeding, and agri fab products prior to posting and did not find any satisfactory answers.

while ive got your attn Bradhill .... is there any reason to spend $200-300 like the ones in your posted link on a hitch for a gator??? i dont think the motor would be able to tow anything that required that kind of hitch. there are plenty of sturdy options on amazon for < $30 that ive found to work just fine

·
Registered
160 Posts
the amazon hitches will work fine, I havent heard anything either good or bad on the agrifab stuff, but can tell you if you have any hard soil or clay to break up and make food plots, you need a full size tractor to get anything really done, and then following years use the lighter agrifab stuf, you will need down pressure that a tractor can give with 3 point equipment..

·
Super Moderator
3,509 Posts
i guess i should have been more clear. i was curious if anyone had specifically used agri fab aerators or broadcast spreaders before with a drop hitch and how well they worked. i had used the search function on the subject of aerating, seeding, and agri fab products prior to posting and did not find any satisfactory answers.

while ive got your attn Bradhill .... is there any reason to spend $200-300 like the ones in your posted link on a hitch for a gator??? i dont think the motor would be able to tow anything that required that kind of hitch. there are plenty of sturdy options on amazon for < $30 that ive found to work just fine

You are absolutely correct, actually I have a 30.00 job from amazon. I guess my point was showing that the hitches are convertible.
Your Agri Fab equipment probably uses a pin.. you may need a convertible receiver tube for this. I have a picture of my setup that I will find and post... sorry to throw a whiffle ball at ya ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts