John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the fuse for the lift bed. Used it yesterday, today nothing no sound or anything. So I'm thinking fuse? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It might help if you supplied the model number.

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
Sorry, it's a 825i.

I would first check the wire connections at the switch and bed lift, if you haven’t done so already. Then check the fuse box. I don’t know the location of the fuse for the lift, so you may need to check each fuse.

Here is a link to a 825i Operators Manual if you do not have a copy.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMM173973_19/?tM=

Excerpt from Operators Manual fuse block location.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I don't have access to a 825I workshop manual, but I'll describe what's done on the 885D as it is likely similar in nature with respect to the bed lift.

The up/down switch sends low current power to two relays which have a high current lead. Therefore two fuses are involved, one to raise it and the other lowers it. The low current source the switch provides to the relay is a switched circuit meaning it is on when the key is on. Wire color is likely yellow. It might be F8 (15 amps) located on the ECU. Under the storage tray.

The power source for the electric pump (red wire) is a 40 amp fuse in the fuse box (mine is high on the firewall behind the brake pedal) and is position F. There are only four fuses in this holder and no other components. (People have reported corrosion issues with this fuse block, so you may want to take it off and investigate its condition.

If you're bed isn't raising or lowering, I'd check for battery voltage at the bed lift switch when key is in run and check for battery voltage at the two relays with key either off or run. Doing this simple test will isolate the circuit making root cause easier to find.

Remember! This is based on the 855D manual.

Good luck and report back what you find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012/ 825i XUAV Gator. Lift switch stopped controlling up or down on box control.

I managed to raise box lift just fine to do some non related work. Two hours later while attempting to lower box, Up or down request via switch and I get nothing, no motor sound either way. Your Tips and manual resource here are helpful and I will reference it more to see if I can find the culpret. Thanks for posting ideas.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Let us know what you find.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts