John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to the group and was wondering if anyone had a cheaper alternative than the 199.00 front lift kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unable to pm you.
Sorry system is having issues today. Recintly I have fine tuned a 1-3 inch front end lift kit (leveling kit) we build here it acts as a shock extension allowing full function with added clearance I installed on my 2012 825i and with my coils turned up I’m at 19 inches of clearance. Zero issues actually handles better. It’s a bolt in item I recommend heavy duty spring compressor for the install.

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Sorry system is having issues today. Recintly I have fine tuned a 1-3 inch front end lift kit (leveling kit) we build here it acts as a shock extension allowing full function with added clearance I installed on my 2012 825i and with my coils turned up I’m at 19 inches of clearance. Zero issues actually handles better. It’s a bolt in item I recommend heavy duty spring compressor for the install.
Do you have any photos ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Just asking...
Doesn't this put the driveline at some unfavorable angles and likely to impact cv life?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just asking...
Doesn't this put the driveline at some unfavorable angles and likely to impact cv life?
It does change the angle of your front end but it’s not noticeable in your handling. I suppose over time as with any lift (level) kit you will want to change your ball joints. But no sooner than a regular service manual would recommend. IMO it’s the best affordable approach without getting in to longer a arms and going down that path.

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Is this kit a shock bracket relocation or a spring spacer type?

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have been building lifts and levels for few years now. Mostly for trucks but in the last few years added sxs to the list. The 825 or any gator for that matter kinda slipped the radar until i picked up a 825i few months ago. Long story short. Now offering a kit for the 825 . Really like the 825

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 13755
Do you have any photos ?
Do you have any photos ?
View attachment 13756
View attachment 13757
They do but very simple bolt them to top of shock and then bolt in where the shock originally bolted . I usually bolt the bottom in and then swing top in Using a small spring compressor helps but can be done without . [email protected]
email [email protected] for order info

1 - 20 of 23 Posts