John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to learn about Cree lighting, light bars, amp draw, wattage, lumens etc....

Questions?

Where is everyone placing their light bars? Above or below the roof line? I assume with mounting below there will be a lot of glare on a windshield.

How big can I go? 40" is what I'm seeing most other brands running. I'm sure a 30" would be enough in reality.

In regards to my stock battery and charging system, how much is too much?

Planning speakers/amp front light bar and maybe rear flood light. Winch and additional spotlight may be in my future as well

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 44" on top and a 20" on the bumper. Both bought off eBay. They are advertised as Cree LEDs but who knows. Super bright tho. As long as you have the motor rpms up, the battery light doesn't come on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to be able to use whatever light I have at an idle as well....

Will I be able to do that with a smaller light bar?

·
Registered
813 Posts
You should be able to run about any lighting at idle. The question is "for how long"? But, how long are you going to spend idling with all your lights on?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully not for long. I was more or less referencing a worst case scenario; stuck and needing light to get winched out or maybe needing light on one of our hunting expeditions.

It would be nice to be able to leave my lights on for 30 mins while I work on something without having to leave my machine running, especially over idle...... Seems logical.

I don't need my machine running while I mend fence or check a downed cow..... Unless of course it has to be...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think a single 20" you could leave on for a long time without draining the battery. It is super bright by itself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update zdhfarms, just bought a 20" to mount in the same location on mine.

Any issues with yours yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts