John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi < I am looking to get a new set of Wheels and tires for my 835r. Any sugestions on tires size. I would like a set for trail riding on hard packed gavel. I was thinking 28's. Or where I can get a set of wheels ?
835r.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
The JD bolt pattern AND the diameter of the center hole equates to common trailer rims (keep your dust cover on). That said, I have 205R-75-15s on my 855D for summer work. The 865 showing up this week has me thinking about 10 inch width aluminum rims so I can go 225Rs on it. Since they make a lot of them, they are much cheaper than small batch stuff. There's a bunch of tire options either way. In general, you get away from the 20psi pressure knobbies to 30psi options which for running loads has more stability, quieter ride, longer lasting (harder rubber). There're tons of options out there. If you want to see what street solutions look like, I have a pic in my 855D turbo review. Going 28" is easy but you may need a 2" lift. Check your display tire size options. The 865 goes from 14-27 inches. If yours is the same, then know that 28 inch tires will give you inaccurate speedometer results.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi < I am looking to get a new set of Wheels and tires for my 835r. Any sugestions on tires size. I would like a set for trail riding on hard packed gavel. I was thinking 28's. Or where I can get a set of wheels ?
View attachment 11213
I have 14” aluminum stock set with 27” stock bighorn tires for sale. Just haven’t posted them yet. They were taken off my gator and put in my shed a few months after I bought it.
Send me a private message if your interested.

Nice looking ride ya got, btw

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tires will touch on a hard turn. Only slightly though. I don’t think it’s because of the height. The tires are an inch wider then stock. Normal driving there are no issues

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
I put a set of 28-10 r14 tensor regulator tires on a set of aluminum trailer rims I purchased and there is no rubbing at all. This is the link to the wheels. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pack-14-Inch-Aluminum-Trailer-Wheel-Spoke-Rim-14X5-5-5-Lug-on-4-5-Inch-Silver/143320929884?hash=item215e97d65c:g:WmIAAOSwqQFdIDoS
I also purchased this lug bolts so the head of the bolts didn’t dig into the wheel. https://www.pureoffroad.com/lug3k-lug-bolts.htm

Nice !! Please post photos when you can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts