John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Check your oil pressure with a manuel guage to see exactly what the pressure is , it could just be a bad sender.
avdks

·
Registered
685 Posts
Av offers a good suggestion. In fact, if the oil pressure sensor is accessible enough, it would be worthwhile to use a tee fitting to permanently connect a mechanical guage. You don't have to mount it on the instrument panel. Mount it somewhere in the engine compartment or under the front hood. After this incident you will probably be wanting to check the pressure from time to time, so leaving the mechanical guage in place could prove to be handy.

I have an old poor boys classic car, a 64 Ford Galaxie that I did this to. It only has a light on the dash, but I put a guage under the hood for peace of mind. It's handy to have sometimes.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Does anyone know the fitting size wanting to put a manual gauge on my 825i
You may want to start your own thread, since you're asking something different than the original title.

If nobody knows the answer with 100% certainty, I'll offer these suggestions.
1) Call your local dealer and ask. They may have the thread description in the details of the pressures switch description/notes.
2) Take the pressures sensor/switch off and measure the threads.

Once you discover the threads, report back what you find and perhaps a description and picture of you modifications. Someone else might want to follow your lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.