John Deere Gator Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
No dramas, the bearing in question is #17 on what JD call the reduction shaft, bearing part# ch11554. This bearing should in fact be the same as #2 bearing used on the input shaft #ch13508. Now the generic part number for the INCORRECT bearing is 6004 where the correct bearing is in fact 6204 for both the input and reduction shaft. JD type O.......? Not sure, but it’s a problem that has caused a heap of stress and $$$ with 550 owners and dealers alike. FYI the generic bearings are available at your local bearing supply for $10 AUD, opposed to $60 for a JD re packaged ones. Without yapping on too much I also have a sure fix for the transfer case failure if anyone is in need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Major problems with my 550 S4

:mad: I only have 44 hours on my new 550 S4 and the transmission and the clutch both have had to be replaced!!! I have only had the gator since Oct.31 it's been in the shop for over a month of that time, over three weeks just for the transmission! Because there was no rush on fixing something under warranty!
Now it is back in the shop, because the transmission is bad again!!! I am very disappointed in the product, has any one else had problems like this with their 550 S4? Because at this point I am really considering doing something about it?
At this point I am waiting on John deer to see what they are going to do!!!:mad::(:confused::confused:
xuv 550. I bought it brand new thinking I would have less problems. It began immediately to have shifting problems. I tried to get them to fix it under warranty. I finally found online that there was a kit to fix it. It was made by J Deere to fix the ones they were trying to resell. After a lot of back and forth, they agreed to put the kit on mine. It shifted for about 3 weeks, then began having issues again. It has 68 hours on it. It will not shift without turning the key off and then rocking it. I am so disappointed in this product. I do not know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
xuv 550. I bought it brand new thinking I would have less problems. It began immediately to have shifting problems. I tried to get them to fix it under warranty. I finally found online that there was a kit to fix it. It was made by J Deere to fix the ones they were trying to resell. After a lot of back and forth, they agreed to put the kit on mine. It shifted for about 3 weeks, then began having issues again. It has 68 hours on it. It will not shift without turning the key off and then rocking it. I am so disappointed in this product. I do not know what to do.
Sorry to read this, contact JD Clutch Doc for a proven long term solution. For more information contact JD Clutch Doc at [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Major problems with my 550 S4

:mad: I only have 44 hours on my new 550 S4 and the transmission and the clutch both have had to be replaced!!! I have only had the gator since Oct.31 it's been in the shop for over a month of that time, over three weeks just for the transmission! Because there was no rush on fixing something under warranty!
Now it is back in the shop, because the transmission is bad again!!! I am very disappointed in the product, has any one else had problems like this with their 550 S4? Because at this point I am really considering doing something about it?
At this point I am waiting on John deer to see what they are going to do!!!:mad::(:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What was the outcome? I have a 2012, had the same issues, fixed once under warranty then happened again. The dealer got JD to cover parts and i had to pay labor. I have to shut machine off to switch gears. i have 130 hours on my machine, supe frustrating

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
What was the outcome? I have a 2012, had the same issues, fixed once under warranty then happened again. The dealer got JD to cover parts and i had to pay labor. I have to shut machine off to switch gears. i have 130 hours on my machine, supe frustrating
Contact JD Clutch Doc for a proven long term solution for hard to shift into and out of gear issues.

For more information contact JD Clutch Doc at [email protected]

121 - 126 of 126 Posts