John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dump bed on my XUV825i is stuck down. The motor makes noise when the switch is depressed for "down" (which it already is), but no sound for "up".

Is there a way to manually raise the dump bed to get access the the engine? Deere dealer said "no", that seems wrong (or at least dumb)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
May or may not be true on yours (and it might be a pain) but on mine you can access the cotter pin and the connector holding the lift motor to the frame of the bed from above the exhaust and under the bed of the gator (from the back). You should be able to pull the cotter pin and slide the connector out. This will disconnect the motor and you can manually lift the bed. Be careful if you do it, as the bed wont be supported by anything and could come back down on you while you are working on the motor (prop it open with something) Not sure if this is what your after, but it should work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is what I'm after. I noticed it stopped working after I gave it the Spring powerwash & the be was up. I'm hoping I just knocked something loose for the up side of the lift.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a gander up her rear tailpipe end earlier & I can see the piston & the pin that needs to be released. My concern is that removing the pin is somewhat akin to putting toothpaste back into the tube, I'm assuming. So, if there is no readily identifiable issue & fix apparent, am I left with the bed essentially unsecured and flopping around until such time as a functioning lift/lower mechanism is installed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that would be the case, unless you can get the pin reconnected to secure the bed. My 625 came with a manual bed, which means it has a catch to hold it down, but my 825 only has the electric lift, therefore no catch to hold it down. I assume yours is the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure how much has changed as I have an older 850D with an electric bed lift. But, on mine there are 2 relays located on the inside of the frame on the passengers side under the bed that run the bed actuator, 1 for up and 1 for down. That would be the first place I would look. Good Luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how much has changed as I have an older 850D with an electric bed lift. But, on mine there are 2 relays located on the inside of the frame on the passengers side under the bed that run the bed actuator, 1 for up and 1 for down. That would be the first place I would look. Good Luck.
I saw a video with actuators that were next to the battery, but my 2017 825i does not have that there.

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
I saw a video with actuators that were next to the battery, but my 2017 825i does not have that there.
I believe the actuators are located inside the frame under the dump bed on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When my electric lift went out in the down position, i just switched the wires on the two relays and lifted the bed up then replaced the bad relay. The relays on a 6x4 gator are easily accessible from the rear, May not help on your model,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds great, but, as you said, I don't think it works for my XUV 825i (2017).

·
Registered
30 Posts
The dump bed on my XUV825i is stuck down. The motor makes noise when the switch is depressed for "down" (which it already is), but no sound for "up".

Is there a way to manually raise the dump bed to get access the the engine? Deere dealer said "no", that seems wrong (or at least dumb)?
On the right side there's wires and relays next the frame have someone shake while you lift

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the right side there's wires and relays next the frame have someone shake while you lift
I have the exact same problem with my 620I XUV. I left the body up for most of the winter to not fill the bed with water. I used it a few times, and then it was stuck in the Down position. I pulled the pins to allow me to manually raise the bed. I removed the "MMP4 pump" and trouble shot all wires going to it. I have determined that the pump is bad. when testing the pump with 12 volts I can get it to extend and retract, but something is wrong inside of it.

For trouble shooting of the wiring the toggle switch on the dash alternates 12volts in either direction to control the pump through the relays.

Does anyone have information on taking apart the "MMP4 Pump" and trouble shooting that? John Deere sells the complete lift kit for $1,000

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try checking all wires going in and out of relays. Check if there's a clicking sound. Pushing buttons up and down. Up usually dosen't work. If there's a clicking sound on down relay then check by switching relays. If there's no clicking then it power going to relays. Most of the time it's corrosion wires coming from power washing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts