John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New from TN. been wanting a Gator since I purchased my land in 2021. Now I have 4 and a frame. All late 90's and early 2000's. All projects, none of the run and drive. Some run but don't drive and some don't do anything. Most excited about my 6x4 diesel.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Just asking… Would it have made sense to pool all the money for four non-running machines towards one running machine?

good luck with the repairs.The illustrated parts may help your endeavor. Www.jdparts.com

highly recommend the Technical Manual as it has lots of information that will help your goal of an operational unit. Dealer can sell you a copy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just asking… Would it have made sense to pool all the money for four non-running machines towards one running machine?

good luck with the repairs.The illustrated parts may help your endeavor. Www.jdparts.com

highly recommend the Technical Manual as it has lots of information that will help your goal of an operational unit. Dealer can sell you a copy.
Lol probably. I don’t have a ton invested in them. The first one I bought was a 4x2 that the guy had repowered with a predator engine. It runs and drives but shreds belts super fast. I need to put a proper engine plate in it and line the motor up and it will be good to go. I really wanted a diesel but needed something so I could stop beating the crap out of my JD mower. The guy lied to me but it was a learning experience. 2 weeks later I found a 6x4 diesel that runs and drives but needs some TLC. Engine mounts, belts, coolant flush, tires and some gaskets. The frame is also broken. I got it for 2k with all brand new still in the box plastics, seats and steering column. Just needs a frame. The guy I bought it from actually found me a frame for 200. I will be swapping everything over and restoring the diesel for keeps. The other 2 I really bought for parts and got super cheap but I think I have enough to work with that I can fix them and sell them with a little work. Just got them a week ago and haven’t had any time to really dive in. All in all. I love working on stuff and learning about it. I have been building cars and engines since I was a kid so it is really therapeutic for me. My father in law needs a gator also so one of these units will probably go to him.

Thanks for the parts link!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Thanks for the reply and wish you a lot of luck and success.
Keep us posted on the progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts