John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 855D - Curious if there is a turn signal kit that is cheaper than the OEM kit, and is it worth the trouble to adapt it to the existing wiring harness

·
Registered
46 Posts
First off, a big welcome to the forum!

I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully somebody else can help. Turn signals are one of the projects I'm contemplating for this summer, but I haven't gotten to the point of investigating yet. I will definitely post if I come up with anything. (I've got an 825i, but I believe the 850D wiring is mostly the same. I know it's not all the same as delivery of my machine was held up while my dealership - who has been selling 850D and 855D models for years - needed a new diagnostic cable to trace a problem with mine before delivery.)

- Steve in CO

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2011 855D - Curious if there is a turn signal kit that is cheaper than the OEM kit, and is it worth the trouble to adapt it to the existing wiring harness
I don't klnow if there is any aftermarket kit that will wire right up, but I would imagine you could get creative with some lights, a flasher, and a few wires to come up with something....

One thing though....even though the JD Kit is a bit expensive, it installs in about 20 minutes...half hour at the most...to me, that's worth the little bit of extra money that it would cost you...and, no headaches!!!

Good luck...

Larry in MD :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts