John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. Well my 550 finally arrived last week after two month in the showroom! My warranty was reset to date of delivery, and all is well. Understandably any new model line will lag in respect to available accessories, and in guessing how much response there will be to that model line. I'm happy to say this machine is a perfect fit as a platform for a "Ridge Runner"! Since top end speed isn't an issue on rough class 4 roads, wooded ,and rocky mountain roads, and trails. There is plenty of low end torque, and the short wheel base handles dips and twists well. I was surprised at the civilized ride from it's suspension, when I could find a flat spot! Steering is quick and effortless. Everything is within easy reach, and it's cavernous entrance opening is great for this "Old Chunky Guy". I believe J D will enjoy brisk sales from this little Green Jewel, as it is well build, affordable, and the aggressives body lines will catch the eye of the younger crowd. The last week has seen a steady stream of Fedex, and UPS deliveries of parts for building my own "Ridge Runner" accessories. Swing-in mirrors, folding light bar, in bed tire rack, 4 pt harness bar with head rests , OEM Deere buckets,along with seat sliders and more. Everything built as light as possible. When the cold Vermont spring warms a bit, I'll crank up my metal fabricating equipment, and post things as they are built. Well time to go do some chores, and find another excuse to take out the Gator! mountaingoat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts