·
Super Moderator
2,961 Posts
Nice !! Any change in acceleration?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Wired up and finished. I used a 3 position switch so I can just turn on the outer ends of the light or the whole thing depending on what I need.

The only problem is that it whistles in the wind starting at about 45 mph on the pavement. Hopefully I can fix that issue with some foam tape or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Maybe try to change the position slightly?
Dont know how its mounted but maybe you can use a spacer to clear it from the windshield or the roof an inch to see if that changes anything

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Yea I’m going to have to play around with it. I had to make the mounts that attach to the two factory holes in front roll bar corner. There isn’t any clearance between the windshield, light bar, and roof. It was a tight fit to get it mounted in there like that. I’ll have to see what I can do though

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Here’s how I made the brackets. I’ll clean them up a bit and make them look better later but I wanted to make sure I could mount the light how I wanted without issue before I spent too much time on them

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,961 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Lol yea. That was my papaws L120. I mow with z915b. My parents mow with a z810a but also have a 317, 318 (which was my papaws too) and a 345 John Deere. We are mower poor

·
Registered
426 Posts
I see you have good taste, love the z's

Little bit off topic but we also sell the ferris zero turns and everybody loves those.
"Yeah it has suspension and a big deck for a cheaper price"

Well we had a used one and i tried it once on my own lawn and it just cuts for sh$t and the suspension makes it even worse.
Never again.
Also the ferris mowers end up in the scrap heap faster, parts wear faster and the resale value is terrible.

Z's are expensive but ive never had any common complaints on them so far except for the front wheels being hit, bending the frame and getting wobbly but on the 915 the made the wheel arms replaceable aswell.
Remember to check the front wheels regularly and resolve any bearing problems a.s.a.p.

Anyway.. iam babbling on

·
Super Moderator
2,961 Posts
Sounds great!

·
Super Moderator
2,961 Posts
Sounds great!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
After getting more runtime with it today, I can definitely notice more power. It seems to have quicker snappier response and pulls harder through mid range

201 - 220 of 253 Posts