John Deere Gator Forums banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I made some side window deflectors or whatever you wanna call them. They cut the wind down alot at speed. I mainly wanted them for winter and colder weather, but we’ll see how they do when it warms up. I may or may not run them year round.

·
Super Moderator
2,957 Posts
Nice

·
Super Moderator
2,957 Posts
Clean up is gonna take a few quarters lol

·
Super Moderator
2,957 Posts
Very deep rut in middle of this mud hole. He slid into it and layed gator on its side. No big deal
I figured there was a “gotcha” in that mud hole.. happy to read he was okay

·
Super Moderator
2,957 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I may be selling the 860i Gator to dad and putting that money towards a compact tractor. I hate to get rid of the Gator so selling it to him may be best option

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the 1025R which is JDs smallest tractor. Lots of implements too. It has the same engine as my 855D and 865R, which is handy for filters, etc. After 5 years, the number of times I really wanted bigger or more powerful pops up. In just getting things done, I'd prefer more power and weight of the 2000 series in either 25 or 30 HP. Yes I can blow snow up front, but if it's near slushy, it'll jam up. Yes my backhoe is handy, but it doesn't pull up small stumps without a lot of teasing. If you want to run something hydraulic, the 1000 series has the pressure but not the volume. Yes you can use forks but are limited to around 700 pounds. Dragging a ton pallet off the lowboy can be done but it's a struggle. That said, I can do so much more with it than without. So the 1000 series with backhoe and loader runs around $25K, 2000 series $40K and if you want to be able to fork a ton, that's the 5000 series which is serious money. Bigger also means less ability to get into tight spots and perhaps a standard garage door height. Good luck on your research. As for me, I stick with appreciating what my unit can do and just be more patient. Was able to dig a hole, fork the neighbors dead cow into the hole and bury it. Had to because we were hosting a wedding the next day and didn't need the aroma.

221 - 240 of 253 Posts