John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started my 6x4 gator and it stalls right out and i smelled gas,,i found a clear hose that comes off the back of the carb that fuel is pouring out of when i start it,,it will run for a few seconds but the entire time, fuel is pouring out of that hose from the carb,,did that hose come off somewhere ? it does have what looks like a flared end on it,,the photos show i am holding the hose in question in one photo and the other i am pointing to where it connects to the carb....not sure if it's a vent or if it goes somewhere or if my carb just decided to die

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Problem is your needle and/or seat is bad in the carb. It's not limiting the fuel flow from the fuel pump when the flow isn't needed. Also check the condition of the float to make it still floats in liquid. Sometimes floats gets holes in them which then takes on gas which cause the float sink to the bottom of the float bowl and doesn't shut the gas flow off. Hopefully this helps.

· Registered
2 Posts
just started my 6x4 gator and it stalls right out and i smelled gas,,i found a clear hose that comes off the back of the carb that fuel is pouring out of when i start it,,it will run for a few seconds but the entire time, fuel is pouring out of that hose from the carb,,did that hose come off somewhere ? it does have what looks like a flared end on it,,the photos show i am holding the hose in question in one photo and the other i am pointing to where it connects to the carb....not sure if it's a vent or if it goes somewhere or if my carb just decided to die
Where doesthat crear line goes to?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts