John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I will be using this thread to share pictures and stories of my adventures using my new gator. Some of the first pics are from the day I picked it up at the dealership and are a repeat from my thread I started when I ordered the machine. Hope you all enjoy looking, reading, and commenting. As I will certainly enjoy sharing these with everyone.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My very first mod. Factor55 UTV Prolink and an amsteel soft shackle. Was actually done on spot at the dealership. My salesman put the Prolink on for me. He's a great guy, I personally chose to do business with him.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trailer that's hooked to the gator is what I call my farm trailer. At it's widest point, it's not as wide as the gator. It was made so that if the gator can pass through it, the trailer can too (gate crossings, between trees, ect...) I made to fit on my 21' trailer while still hooked to the gator. I also made a 3 axis hitch for it as well. That way I can cross ditches, logs, rows, or any other obstacle without damage to the trailer tongue or the gator.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Thanks for the overhead photos!! Is the radio and speakers included in the kit?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the overhead photos!! Is the radio and speakers included in the kit?
Your welcome sir. The speakers are included with the kit. The radio, light, and visor are all sold separately. JD has (I think) four radios to choose from.

I want to get another switch for the overhead to power LED cubes as rear work lights. Having a tough time finding them on the interweb without a JD part number. I also don't know the correct name for them either. Any help/suggestions please....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two mods over the past weekend. The wires are eyelet terminals with a quick connect that connects my spray rig and tire inflator, or any other 12v accesories one can think of.
https://no.co/gbc007

The other is a self explanatory high priority accessory for anything over a 5 minute ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very nice set up. How did you attach your "Slow Moving Vehicle Sign". It looks like it can slide in and out. I velcro mine to the window but I like your idea better.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mounted it with the "spade" that screws on the triangle like you were to mount it on a tractor. Then the female part that the spade slides into is mounted on the light bracket of the cab. I can take the triangle off a post pics of the back side and the female mount if you'd like. They were bought at my local JD dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
...I want to get another switch for the overhead to power LED cubes as rear work lights. Having a tough time finding them on the interweb without a JD part number. I also don't know the correct name for them either. Any help/suggestions please....
Try here...Clink on link for diagram.
Find Your John Deere Parts Fast

·
Registered
86 Posts
I mounted it with the "spade" that screws on the triangle like you were to mount it on a tractor. Then the female part that the spade slides into is mounted on the light bracket of the cab. I can take the triangle off a post pics of the back side and the female mount if you'd like. They were bought at my local JD dealer.
Yes found them on line. Looks like they work great.I can put the sign on when driving on the roads and than take it off for hunting season. Great idea! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Granger,
Nice cooler but.....YIKES(cost)!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Granger,
I like the roll down side windows.How long have they been out. Is that a John Deere set or another brand.
I had mine out moving firewood the other day. Plan on putting on the BigHorns tires with new rims this week. Will take a picture and post.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Granger,
I like the roll down side windows.How long have they been out. Is that a John Deere set or another brand.
I had mine out moving firewood the other day. Plan on putting on the BigHorns tires with new rims this week. Will take a picture and post.
I don't know for sure how long they have been out. I do think it's a fairly new option. It is a John Deere product. Get ready though, you will pay "Deerly" for them. Worth the extra money when compared to the all glass doors (in my opinion). Bighorns are nice all around tires. Thanks for posting. Look forward to the pics of the new tires!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another mod along with some action shots. Chicken fence building time. Then it was unload firewood rack, move said rack from back wing of the barn to front of the barn and winch it in under the barn.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Granger .. nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 81 Posts