John Deere Gator Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I mounted it with the "spade" that screws on the triangle like you were to mount it on a tractor. Then the female part that the spade slides into is mounted on the light bracket of the cab. I can take the triangle off a post pics of the back side and the female mount if you'd like. They were bought at my local JD dealer.
I ended up mounting my spade set up for the triangular sign to the bed of the gator. Not the best picture but it works great and it can be seen fine.I know if I left it on top I would trash it the first time I put the gator back into the garage.:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
Riggs
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bradhill,
Thank you.

Riggs,
I like that spot. Happy to see it worked out for you. That was actually my first choice to put mine, but I knew it would be in the way when my tool box came in. I do have to put a reminder (tag of some sort) on my dash to remind me that mine is up. As it will get trashed too when I go into the carport.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well not all adventures are always "fun". Went out to hook up the horse trailer to bring my boy to his rodeo in the morning and.....dead batteries in the old truck. Not even the big Deere could revive the old goat. Run to the parts house 20 minutes till closing time and here we are, just finished up. Old truck runs like he should and the gator hauled the new hearts to and the old hearts from.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Gator "water" truck haha. Actually sitting inside the gator while I post this. It's been years since we've had a real winter here in south Louisiana, ok for most still considered mild, but it's like twice a decade we get pipe busting and frozen roads weather. So all my water lines to the barn and out to pastures are shut and drained and this is how I decided to get water to the animals.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
Nicely done !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I finally updated my phone. So now I can use the mobile version and can post pictures. I’ve done a few upgrades and haven’t been able to share.

Installed a 2” lift kit from All Terrian Online, 12” yellow steel rims (4 front rims all the way around) 30”x8” Interco Interforce tires, JD dome light, Seizmik LED light bar, JD LED head lights. No pics of the LED headlights.

I made the aluminum brackets to mount the light bar to the cab. Because there is nothing sold that fits this cab. Then cut off the switch that comes pre-wired with the light bar and wired in the JD switch made for the overhead console. Used one switch from the kit. Giving away the other switch that came in the kit here on the forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Labor Day weekend down in Hollybeach Louisiana! Found a second use for the cooler rack. Had the bbq pit going while we were riding the beach.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,837 Posts
Very cool!!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts