John Deere Gator Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Granger,
My gator is in PA and I would like to make one for myself. Not going up there for a few weeks Anyway to post the measurements for your extension hitch so I can start building one.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Granger,
My gator is in PA and I would like to make one for myself. Not going up there for a few weeks Anyway to post the measurements for your extension hitch so I can start building one.
Sure thing! I don’t remember the measurements right off hand, but I’ll measure it out and post soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Your Godchild did an awesome job of stacking!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Granger,
Sure thing! I don’t remember the measurements right off hand, but I’ll measure it out and post soon.

That would be great if you could get us those measurements.
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Measurements are in the pictures. Feel free to ask any questions if something is unclear. I pulled the tape starting with the end that the hole is on. Then continued one step at a time until the ball side.
It’s made of 2” aluminum sq. tubing 3/16” wall thickness. The anlegles are 22-1/2* except for the final angle behind the ball, that is 45*. The doubler plate the ball is mounted on is 3/8” thick.
Made it light weight and not heavy duty on purpose. This way it is guaranteed that I will not use it for anything other than the log splitter, not even once lol.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well done Riggs! I rather the black than my dull, not painted one lol. Safety chain eyelets were well thought of as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
41 - 60 of 81 Posts