John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 550 S4

Things seem to be working a bit better but still has a problem coming out of 4WD. Any ideas out there. My dog loves to go. Every time she hears it start up she goes nuts trying to get to it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't have any ideas, but it sure is looking good.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I cant remember if there is an adjustment on or around the handle to tighten or loosen the cable/rod? But i seem to remember there being one somewhere. I just might be slightly out of adjustment. They have to just about perfect to work like they are supposed to...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DeereSales101 I'll take a look this weekend.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I might have to steal your bed mat idea.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My 550 S4 is going into the shop again. Shift lever is still sticking even after the new clutch. Gulf Tractor said I was the first with this returning problem. Gulf Tractor talked with JD and they sent out additional parts. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Update it is in the shop as of 01/30/2014 I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Let us know. At least the dealer and JD is working with you to get this stuff solved.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got my new Smitty Built Hitch. I'm set now!! When I get into my Gator fear falls upon the Island and time stands still :eek:/ Just the roar of that mighty 16 HP engine sends chills up the spine of EVIL. Nothing can excape. Speeding down the highway at the break neck speed of 28 MPH my winch rapping against my front bumper and now my hitch flapping freely. Oh what a awsome and fearful sight. Spectators run for cover in there homes hoping it's not them that has cause the fearsome Gator 550 XUV S4 to come out of it's lair. The Island is safe!!!

17 hours ago · Edited

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you use your gator to pull out the people that bury their vehicles in the sand that try to go on the beach, We seen that a few years ago when we were there on vacation, what a good laugh! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gatordone not of yet. I'm a bit afraid because of the Transmission problems.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 550 S4 coming back from the dealer today. They adjusted the cable and replaced the transmission belt with a new longer one. I hope it works :eek:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 550 S4 is working great!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
thats great vanderrt glad to see they got u going.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sounds great!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just ordered a 25gal bed sprayer with wand and boom. I have white rock for a yard I was sick of trying to spray and keep the weeds down with a hand pump sprayer. The boom is 5 ft. wide. I sure hope it does the trick. Can't wait to get in stalled.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked up my 25GAL sprayer yesterday. Man the JD products are expensive. I just hope it works well. I'll be putting it togather over the weekend. If it works well I might start my own little business. A lot of white rock with weeds do to the rains this winter :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The JD 25gal in bed sprayer works great. Took about an hour to spray all my front yard. The srayer put out a lot of ground clear about 100 bucks worth but it's done. It was expensive but a great product saves a lot of time. No pumping up the sprayer, no carrying a 3 gal sprayer around, no have to refil the sprayer. Normally it took most of the day to spray the weeds. I wish the hose was longer 19 feet just is quit enough. I bought a 50ft air hose I might try to put on the sprayer not to sure it'll work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
550 S4 problems

My 550 S4 is going into the shop again. Shift lever is still sticking even after the new clutch. Gulf Tractor said I was the first with this returning problem. Gulf Tractor talked with JD and they sent out additional parts. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Update it is in the shop as of 01/30/2014 I'll let you know how it turns out.

I just took mine to shop for second trip. Shift linkage is all wrong. Neutral is High gear. also locking diff is not engaging properly never has. My brother in law has a 850 he does not have this issues I have. sometimes mine will not even engage into 4x4 at all. bad set up hope they get it right this next time. was in shop 2 weeks last time same problem no hours on machine for this stuff to be happening.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts