John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 TH 6x4 and I'm trying to find a bumper (BM17649) and/or a brush guard (BM18530) for this particular year. Both items are in the drawing. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
Since you've provided no information on what you have done so far, let's start with the basics:

1. Contact one the supporting vendors here.
2. Call your local JD dealer
3. Google the part numbers to see if anyone has one for sale

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a new set of front fender guards! It is JD part# BM23457. It works with the newer style brush guard/bumper. The guards slip into the ends of your existing brush guard and they follow the contour of the fenders down to the floor pan. Then they have plates that bolt to the floor. They are black powder coated and I have instructions and mounting hardware, all new just no box

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 1994 Utility 6X4 Gas. Man it took me almost 5 months to find the right one. I got to know my local JD dealer after spending a small fortune there on my restoration. I’d been all over eBay, Amazon, google, etc. My dealer is owned by AgPro and the are the largest privately owned JD dealer chain in the U.S. and they found one in a dealership of theirs in SC. Another good source that I found a license plate with lamp is aftermarket.express Their site needs some work but not too bad. You sign up, enter your part info you are looking for and they take it from there. They are slow to respond so I emailed them almost daily. They found my part in Wisc through a dealer in SD and they are in FL. No money exchanged until they had the part sourced and then shipped once paid. Whole process took about a week for them to find it but it was worth the hassle. That tag plate/lamp was made for a European Gator and all dealers I contacted told me it was “NLA” or no longer available! And yet these guys found one. Let’s us know how you make out. Also on eBay there was one listed under a military Gator. I did the buy now option even though the guy wanted over $500 for it. But. It was an all in one bumper and brush-guard that fit the older style Gator. We even communicated in real time, exchanged pics with a tape measure to make sure it’d fit. I ordered it and two days later he said he had car troubles and didn’t have time to fool with it. He cancelled the order and promptly refunded my money. The seller was madtownnos and it was eBay item number 123747908990 and he wanted $589 for it and he pays standard shipping. He did email me back a week or so later and apologized for cancelling and said he still had it. That was in late August. Try to look him up. Let us know how you make out if I think of any other sources I’ll reply again. Also attached pic is of my brush-guard part# BM18530

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Call me nuts but id think that the newer model guards should fit aswell in some way or another.
I am wondering what will fit aswell since i might be interested in buying something myself

As a mechanic and owner of a 2000 gator ts i know that many if not all parts are compatible.
The frame never really changed, just the mounting locations.
For instance a tx hood will fit a ts only the mounting pins are not on the ts.
The tx underseat plastic also looks different and needs a different gas tank to fit but will fit inside the frame perfectly and covers the vent on the passenger side aswell
Ts fenders have the same locations aswell.

So it might be a real possibility to put a bumper on from a newer tx or ts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey bud ! I found you one on this site !!! Go to forums, then scroll down until you see bumpers, brushguards. Second or third thread has part# BM18530. That is the correct guard for your stock bumper, part# BM17649. Get snooping around !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go to the classifieds section and there is a post titled “WTB: M Gator. He has the all in one bumper and brush guard off a military Gator! I’ve measured one of these for fitment with that guy off eBay that cancelled my purchase of one just like this one and it mounts up exactly the same as your original bumper. All you need to do is paint it satin black !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new set of front fender guards! It is JD part# BM23457. It works with the newer style brush guard/bumper. The guards slip into the ends of your existing brush guard and they follow the contour of the fenders down to the floor pan. Then they have plates that bolt to the floor. They are black powder coated and I have instructions and mounting hardware, all new just no box
Do you still have your Gator front fender guards and if so, what are you asking for them. I would need them shipped to California

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you still have your JD part# BM23457 front fender guards for sale? If so, what are you looking to get for them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts